Ngorongoro Crater Lodge
Cost start at:
2 Nights 3 Days
Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth
Private air-conditioned vehicle
Quality product offering
Fun & Informative experience
Authentic memorable Africa
Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth. Endangered black rhino are protected within its rim, giant tusked elephant wander the forests, male lion stalk the grasslands and flamingo crowd the soda lakes.
Ngorongoro Crater Lodge has been called the game lodge at the top of the world. Between the natural riches of the Crater spread out at its feet and the incredible architecture, it’s easy to believe that you have entered a realm of pure fantasy.
Divided into three camps, 30 suites with banana leaf ceilings and grass roofs provide an intimate and exclusive experience. Each camp has its own sitting and dining areas, with private butlers who provide warm, personal service. With ever-changing views as mists swirl over the huge wildlife cauldron below, the location is truly breath-taking.
As the lodge is situated in the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, game drives take a significant amount of time to reach the crater’s floor and return to the lodge. This means that you will most likely be offered the choice of one morning or afternoon game drive per day.
While the Ngorongoro Crater boasts an incredible abundance of wildlife, you will most likely also encounter a great number of other vehicles during the high season, especially at high interest sightings. On the other hand, the rainy season is much quieter, allowing for a far more private game drive. Safari vehicles are closed, with glass windows and a pop-up roof. Off-road driving is not permitted.
· Collected from Lake Manyara Airstrip (there are several flights available from Arusha airport to Lake Manyara Airstrip)
· Transferred to Ngorongoro Crater Lodge, where five-star service and luxury awaits
· This afternoon, descend into the crater for a brilliant safari game drive
· Return to the lodge for dinner under the stars overlooking the crater
Overnight: Ngorongoro Crater Lodge Full Board
· Today you have the choice of a morning or afternoon safari experience in the Ngorongoro Crater
· Overnight: Ngorongoro Crater Lodge Full Board
· After breakfast transfer to airstrip for your flight home
Included in tour:
· Scheduled return transfers from Lake Manyara Airstrip / Ngorongoro Crater Lodge (from 11 Jan 2023)
· Three meals daily
· Soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees and refreshments on lodge activities
· Game drives
· Emergency evacuation insurance
· A complimentary pair of SWAROVSKI OPTIK binoculars per room for use during your stay
Excluded from tour:
Safari Shop purchases
All items of a personal nature
Champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits and cigars
Tourism Development Levy
Park and Crater fees
What to bring:
· Neutral (beige, green, and browns) colour tones for your safari attire
· Suitable layers according to season you are traveling/ light cottons during the summer
· A fleece/ sweater and a warm jacket is always useful for the evenings and early mornings if temperatures drop in the Crater
Your flight may have a maximum bag weight so please check this before packing.