Shark Cage Diving
Cost start at:
Diving with sharks in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean
Aboard a boat we head out to sea as the sun rises. Get an understanding of marine conservation from your specialist guide before getting into the water and experiencing close-up encounters with various species of sharks. Durban’s Aliwal Shoal is home to Blacktip sharks, Dusky Sharks, Spinner Sharks, Tiger, and Zambezi Sharks that mainly feed on small schooling fish.
Shark Cage Information: The 4-man stainless steel shark cages are SAMSA approved, designed by an engineer for diver and animal safety. The cage is a concertina, which opens up to a width of 2.3 meters and height of 2.4 meters and breadth of 1 meter. Our shark diving cages are secured to the boat at all times in accordance with SAMSA requirements.
· Collected at 4.45am from your guesthouse/hotel
· Travel along the south coast to Aliwal Shoal
· Briefing and indemnity forms
· We spend approximately two hours at sea, with 30 minutes in the cage. You will be given a mask to see under water while in the floating stainless-steel cage. Sightings can be anything from 5-20 sharks at one time
· Return to your guesthouse/ hotel at approximately 10am
Included in tour:
· Return transfers
· 2-hour Shark cage dive experience
Excluded from tour:
· Items purchased of a personal nature
· Travel and medical insurance
What to bring:
Dive days are determined by the ocean so make sure you give yourself 2 or 3 other date options should we need to reschedule your dive.
No diving experience is required