Cost start at:
6 Nights 7 Days
A wildlife spectacle across the Serengeti and Tanzania's Great Parks
Private air-conditioned vehicle
Quality product offering
Fun & Informative experience
Authentic memorable Africa
Tanzania is home to one of the greatest wildlife spectacles on earth -the Great Migration; the 800 km trek of approximately two million wildebeest from the southern Serengeti in Tanzania towards the Masai Mara in Kenya. Prior to this is the calving season of thousands of Wildebeest, Zebra and other antelopes, with predators not far from sight. Apart from these extraordinary wildlife moments, there are Big Five animals roaming this region all year round along with other animal species. Our trip to the Serengeti is flanked by safaris in Lake Manyara National Park, the Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park.
You may wish to plan your Serengeti Safari around the Great Migration, but please note the timing of the herd movements can never be guaranteed. Fortunately, Tanzania is a year-round destination so you can be assured an exceptional safari experience whatever your chosen date.
Approximate Serengeti Migration timeline:
December to April – Calving Season – Short & Long Rains
Travelling in the Green Season (April/ May) may be preferred as the park is a lot less crowded and rates are much lower, however you can expect rainy days and cloud cover.
May to July – Great Migration – Crossing of the Grumeti River - Dry Season
Please note this is the peak season, camps will be fully booked, rates are high and there will be plenty of vehicles out and about following the migration. (The starting date may be any time between late April and early June). Book in advance to avoid disappointment.
August to September – Crossing of the Mara River – Masai Mara National Park Kenya
The crossing of the Mara River can occur any time in July or August, after which the herd moves further north into Kenya.
October to November – the return of the migration to Tanzania
The Serengeti is a lot quieter during this period and if the timing coincides with your visit this may be the best time to view the migration.
· Collected from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
· Transferred to your accommodation in Arusha city for your overnight stay
Overnight: Arusha Accommodation BB
· After breakfast we depart for Lake Manyara National Park - this park is known for its’ tree-climbing lions and pink flamingos!
· Lunch is enjoyed enroute
· Arrive at accommodation in the afternoon
Overnight: Lake Manyara Accommodation DBB
· Today you leave for the Great Serengeti Plains and the 6000 sq. miles of the Serengeti National Park
· As we journey to camp you will come across wildlife (Besides the migration, this area has great prides of lion and many other species, including leopard, cheetah, hyena, elephant and crocodile, as well as a large variety of antelope)
· Supper in the Serengeti!
Overnight: Serengeti Camp DBB
· Spend the day doing a full day game drive across the Serengeti
Overnight: Serengeti Camp DBB
· We leave the great plains of the Serengeti for one of the world’s ‘natural wildlife wonders’, the Ngorongoro Crater - here you can find lion, zebra, wildebeest, a variety of antelope, cheetah, monkey, baboon, and some of the largest bull elephant in Africa today
Overnight: Ngorongoro Crater Accommodation DBB
· We descend the Crater this morning for an exhilarating safari – have those cameras on the ready!
· Afternoon departure for Tarangire National Park
· Arrive at our accommodation in the afternoon
Overnight: Tarangire National Park Accommodation DBB
· After breakfast you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your flight home
Included in tour:
· 1 night Arusha Accommodation BB
· 1 night Lake Manyara Accommodation DBB
· 2 nights Serengeti Camp DBB
· 1 nights Ngorongoro Crater DBB
· 1 night Tarangire National Park DBB
· Certified English speaking guide
· Air-conditioned vehicle
· Arrival & departure airport transfers
· All National Park entry fees
· Wildlife Safari Experience
Excluded from tour:
· Dinner Day 1
· Lunch Day 1
· Additional activities
· All purchases of a personal nature
· Travel insurance
What to bring:
· Comfortable walking shoes
· Neutral colour tones for your safari attire